Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Here are a few tips to help get you up in the rankings

So you’re stuck in the middle of the pack on your fantasy team. What can I do you say. I like these guys they are good players but each week I get beat or I only win by a few points. I have to make a trade.
Well here are a few things you can do.
  • Check your standings in all the categories. Chances are you are down the bottom in a few. That’s where I would start.
  • Look for free agents that specialize in those categories Goals are gonna be tough to find in free agency so don’t even try.
  • Sort the players according to the stats you are looking for. And drop a few marginal ones
  • Unless your league is using stats like BS, Hits, Defensive points like most leagues, then there is not much use for a Defenseman on your bench. So start dropping there.
  • Average 30 point wingers are probably gonna get you more points than a defenseman other than the elite few. Focus on +/-, assists, PIM, SHG, PPP etc.
  • Another way to look for the hot guys is to sort your player search by rank. On Yahoo use the rank tab to sort not the O-rank. On ESPN use the PR15 tab. These will give you the best players available that are doing well at this season and the last 15 days in ESPN’s case.
Good luck I hope this helps. It has helped me in the past and present so I am passing it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment